Monday, May 22, 2006

Take me out to the ball game

And so it begins......

Summer days of sweat, sunburn and many many thankless hours spend riding a chair behind a chain link fence watching teen age boys sweat. Oh joy. But seriously though, it is not as bad as it could be, and it is not near as bad as it has been in years past. This year, finally, both boys are in the majors and back on the same team. Thank goodness. That means only half as much time is spent at the ball field as we did last year on a weekly basis. PLUS, we have graduated to the big field and it has blessed SHADE!!! Well, most of it does.....part of the time......depending upon what time your game begins. So, like I say, it could be worse. It is nice to see the moms again. The boys have been playing with basically the same group of kids for the past 4 years so we have all gotten to more or less know each other and can at least have basic conversations out there. Me, I knit. Duh. Connie usually keeps score and Annette talks a blue streak. Good times.

In knitty news, I've contacted my secret pal but I haven't heard back from her yet. I'm good with that though because I know how it is to be busy and offline. I don't know who my pal is yet and am curious to find out. I'm dragging feet on my tote project. No reason really other than I've just not been able to finish this other little thing I've been working on....I had to frog it and start over and that set me back. I'll most likely be able to start it tomorrow so I figure once I start it won't take me too awful long to finish. I do have a good while though, so that is a plus. I'm taking a break from the dish cloths for a while.

On the health front, my doc is fiddling with my meds. I'm not quite feeling right and we think its most likely hormonal since this is a new situation. The patches just aren't sticking well enough so we have to go to pills. Great. That's all I need is another pill everyday but hey, if it works and makes me not feel better I'll take it. The way I feel right now is definately not acceptable. He also gave me some Lunesta so maybe I can get some good sleep. That would be nice. It has been a long, LONG time since I have really been rested. I may be a new woman with a whole new outlook and lease on life if my hormones and sleep get ironed out. I'm not sure what it would feel like NOT to be tired all the time.

Thats it for now. I've got a ton of email to catch up on. When the sun goes down a bit, I've got to mow and work some on some weeds I spied growing in my memory garden. More like crabgrass I think than weeds. Drat.

1 comment:

Nic said...

In Las Vegas, shade is almost useless. I will be interested to see how Lunestra works for you.