I very nearly forgot that I had to fill out a new questionaire for my SP8 person. I would have if I hadn't gone to read my assigned pal's blog! Anyway, here you go...
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like soft yarns. I tend to lean towards natural fibers but I have to say that there are some real nice synthetic blends out there too. I am definatly NOT a fan of stuff like Red Heart etc. I like an acrylic/wool or a cotton wool blend. I am really wanting to try some hemp. I love pure wool for felting.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I don't have a regular needle holder. I just stick mine in a favorite Raku vase that I have.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Somewhere between beginner and intermediate. I've been knitting for a little over a year now and I have a pretty good grasp of most things but some stuff still escapes me.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Oh yes indeed I sure do! I am a bookworm from WAYYYY back. If you are interested I'll let you know what it is privately.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like to scent my home with either Mulberry or Tea Rose (similar to the Yankee Rose scent) and for my personal scent I like to use lavender in lotion and bath products.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I like Dove chocolates.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I am a spinner. I spin mostly on a wheel now days but learned to spin with a spindle so I like to collect different interesting spindles. I am also a soapmaker by trade, so that I suppose is another type of "craft". I make all kinds of bath and body products.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My music tastes are very eclectic. I like anything from Faith Hill and Tim McGraw to Norah Jones, and Josh Grobin and Celine Dion to Jamie Foxx and the Eagles.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I am not a pastel person at all. I like rich saturated colors. I like the jewel tones. Reds, blues, teals, purples, greens, topaz, maroon, deep pinks etc.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, 2 teenage boys at home, 1 cat, 1 golden retriever, 2 boston terriers.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves, yes! Hats, sometimes..I am a Pink Hatter so pink is good! Ponchos....NO! Shawls, YES! Mittens, maybe if I had some.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Probably things to felt like bags.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Right now I am between projects because I am working on spinning up some yarn for an upcoming project. I recently finished a baby blanket.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
For most things I like circulars. As far as what they are made of, I really have a love affair going on with my Addi's but I also love my Bamboo's. I guess it just depends what the yarn is made of because sometimes bamboo is just to "grabby" for some yarns.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How did you learn to knit?
Friends and the internet and books.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don't have any of those. I am a very monogomous knitter and 99.9 percent of the time finish something before I start something else.
19. What is your favorite holiday?
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Boston Terrier stuff, anything old that relates to soap like labels or tins, spindles
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
There is a new book called "Big Girl Knits" that I really want. I'm also dying to find the Elizabeth Zimmerman book that has got the Pi are Squared pattern in it. I can't remember which one of her books it is though. I'd LOVE to have enough hemp yarn to make something besides a scarf out of.....I hear it wears like iron and only gets better with age so I'm dying to make a top out of it. I subscribe to Interweave Knits and Spin-Off
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm going to practice two handed Fair Isle knitting one day soon. I have the instructions and a pattern and it dosen't look all that hard to do.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Well, I have some beautiful sock yarn in my stash and I even have the needles and the Two Needle pattern book but I have never really sat down and taken the time to actually taken the time to go more than a few inches on a sock. I WANT to be a sock knitter because that is one reason I wanted to learn to knit......I am a total sock junkie! If I could knit nothing but socks I would be blissfully happy. I wear a size 9 shoe so that equals a 10 inch foot.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)