Saturday, April 29, 2006

Rain, rain

Well, so much for retrieving that lost bale of cotton. Last night the bottom fell out of the sky. It has been pouring buckets since middle of the night and everything is saturated. There is absolutely no way to get down to where the bale is with a vehicle without getting stuck to load it up. Major big tome bummer! Oh well.....it was fun while it lasted. But still yet, it has given me a few ideas. If enough people are interested in getting ginned cotton, I don't see why I couldn't get some from a cotton gin and resell it. It's not as if there aren't plenty of gins around here. I live in the middle of cotton country for goodness sake. I'm going to make a few phone calls Monday and see what I come up with. There may be a few other options.

In other news, I got my tote partner assignment. She's quite a bit younger than me and has totally different taste so this will be fun! I'm glad she likes deep purple and dark green though because I do too, so at least I'll like the color I'm working with. She likes thinks on the funky and hip side so I'll have to do a bit of pattern research. I've got a couple of pattern books that should help. I can't wait to see what MY tote partner comes up for me.

1 comment:

Nic said...

Just doing my obligatory checking that your blog is current. But I'm more interested in the cotton you little Eli Whitney (he's the guy right-- Im trying to remember my Schoolhouse Rocks) Actually I think you are doing all the stuff I want to do, but ahead of me. /SP8 Hostess Nic