Sunday, April 02, 2006

Nothing much to report

Nothing much is happening around here to write about. We survived spring break with no bloodshed so I guess that is a plus. I've been steadily working on the little baby blanket I've been knitting for Randa's baby. She's got her home now and the baby is doing pretty good. Apparently there is still some question about Tynlee's liver function, so they are doing some tests. We just pray that everything is ok and the worst case scenario won't be a liver transplant somewhere down the line. They really need a break and some GOOD news for once so let's hope for the best for them.

I'm still having a hard time dealing with Jeff's death. I find myself thinking about all the times we (our families) spent together and all the memories we made. Even Brandon called the other night and wanted to talk about him. He was really down about it all and was talking about how Jeff was like an uncle to him. It's so true....Jeff WAS the uncle to my son that my brother new was or will be. I talked to Judy a couple of days ago and boy, that was hard. She just is so lost and I just don't know how to help her. I don't know what she is going to do or how she is going to make it. She found out that she can't even draw his SS benefits until she herself is 60. I'm afraid she'll never see 60 to draw a penny of it. So, here she is, suddenly alone. The person she loved most is gone, 2/3 of her income is gone and she is so disabled that she has no means of inproving her financial situation. It so sucks.

Jeff's death has made me think alot about my own mortality alot. It's crazy. I'm in Walmart yesterday buying little stuff like deoderant and q-tips and standing there in line, I'm thinking to myself that now Jeff doesn't have to stand in another sucky Walmart line and wait for 3 days to check out. Pathetic. He is so much in my head right now that everything I see right now with spring blooming and new life growing, I think about him. It's made me really appreciate LIFE right now. I hope that I can keep the sweet appreciation, but lose the pain of grief along the way.

I'll post some pictures of what I've been spinning later. I've been doing pretty good I think. I dyed up a skein of yarn that a friend of mine, Twig, would really like. It came out kind of an interesting shade of olive bronze green.

Till then.......

No comments: