Friday, December 16, 2005

What a week!

I am SO glad this week is over! I have been through the wringer with doctors appointments this week. I feel like I have been violated! That said, I got all the yearly mandatory tests done for the year. Nothing like putting it off till the last minute. But hey, who likes to have their boobs mashed and other areas poked, prodded and q-tip'd........If you get my drift. The worst part of all of it is now I have to wait a few days to see if all the stuff came out normal. It's a woman's worst waiting game. Almost like waiting to see if you are pregnant, but if THESE tests come back positive, the outcome is not near as joyous as having a baby.

I have been Secret Santa'd to death this week. First off, my secret Spindler pal sent me some awesome gifts! I don't know how she knew what I wanted but she did good. She made me a wrist distaff from her handspun and also a nice warm knit hat. Good stuff! Then, my dish secret pal sent her gift.......When UPS delivered a box from Sephora, I was very curious but I had a feeling that it was from her because nobody else in my family would do such a thing. She sent me a whole bottle of Pink Sugar cologne. Her note said that she knew I could make the stuff myself, but that everyone should be treated to the original at least once. She is so right and I am so happy with it! Plus, I found out who she is.......Surprise for me, it is my favorite knitting guru Kristin aka Silver! She is such a sweet person in the first place that now that I know who she is, I am tickled to death! Thanks Kristin!!!

Tony is recovering from his wreck. The photos of his bruises are pretty spectacular. Pretty colors ranging from yellow to green and purple and violet red.

Spinning along, I got another hank done. It's a pretty nice little skein. Dyed with cochineal.
I like the dusty rose of it. Also, the skein I like the most so far that is TOTALLY all mine from sheep to spindle to yarn is below. Kinda funky this one. I love it and it is very soft and lofty. I love how the greens and golds and oranges and reds all blended together. I wish I had a bunch of this yarn but I'll never be able to duplicate it.

My blue mohair scarf is almost done. I had to frog it the first time when I got to looking at it and realized that somewhere along the way I had gotten off track with my pattern and the front and the back was all confused. This time it's perfect. I'll be glad when it is done. I am not a fast knitter by any means, so I have been on this project for a while. I'd like to be faster and knit every single day, but sometimes I just am too tired. Kinda like now. I should go knit awhile, but my feet are cold and I am not at 100% so I think this would be a good day to curl up with a good book.

Currently reading: A Good Yarn by Debbie McComber. About, of course, a yarn shop.


No comments: