Monday, October 22, 2007

Recovery

Well, I was sent home to continue my recovery from surgery on Sunday and I have to say that I was ever so glad! I don't think my poor self could have stood another night on that worn out mattress.

I am doing quite well after surgery, thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. I've had more people (non-family people) ask me if they could "do" anything to help me/us while I was down and recovering than I can count. I absolutely appreciate all the loving kindness expressed towards not only me but my family.

Tony really appreciates it too. He's been pretty stressed out about this. Bless his heart, he hasn't gotten a good night's sleep the whole time I've been in the hospital. Last night, he slept like a baby. I think he just needed for me to be home so that he could rest.

I am totally amazed at how decent I actually feel. Unless or until, that is, it comes time to get up or down or turn over in bed. Or cough. Oh, and I am totally dreading the biggie........the sneeze that sneaks up on me unawares. I got to feel that joy once before already when I had my gallbladder out. What I can't believe is that I can eat a regular diet. Doc said anything I want. That just blows me away. He said that it was already sealed over and closed within about 12 hours or so. It's all so vascular that it just heals super fast. I am super curious about how it's all hooked back together in there though lol. I just can't imagine. Is is all stapled? Is it sewn? I just haven't got a clue and can't wait for my follow up visit so I can find out. (I was too loopy on the good drugs to ask any intellegent questions!)

I have found a totally perfectly comfortable, neutral position to sit/lay so that I can read, knit, catch up on my emails and watch tv. All I need to do is make sure that the backside can outlast and endure what my tummy dishes out.

Once again......thanks to one and all for all your prayers and well wishes for a speedy recovery. From your lips to God's ears. It's working cuz I'm feeling pretty darn well!

No comments: