Sunday, June 24, 2007

People watching

I have always been a people watcher. If I had a comfy place to sit, a good book and food and drink, I could spend all day in a mall just watching people. You see the darndest things. I entertain myself by creating little "lives" for them. Profiles. I often wonder if I get it right.

Reason this topic comes to mind is because the other day at the doctor's office, in the 20 minutes or so that we were in the waiting room I saw something that made me go hmmmm. Here was this woman, oh I'd say perhaps 50 yrs old there abouts. I'm thinking that she was trying to re-discover her long lost inner teenager. It wasn't so much her clothing that said that, well that is unless you count shoes as clothing... She had on black capri's, a white top and then the shoes. Little PINK ked looking tennis shoes. The pink shoes would have been fine. I like pink ok in some cases. What wrecked the whole deal was the decoration OF the shoe. All over this little pink shoe was printed black skulls. Yes, skulls. The kind that you often see on a bottle of poison. Or maybe on a pirate flag.

It's little stuff like this woman's shoes that often catch my eye and starts my imagination. I don't know, maybe it's just me and my boring fashion sense.

Then there was the guy who came in with the shaved arms............
I'll keep my thoughts and inner dialog on that to myself.

No comments: