Seven Things About Me
The rules: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged need to write on their own blog those 7 facts as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven other people and list their names on your blog. Then you leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog
1. I was born with an extra bone in each foot. If it had fully developed, I would have 6 toes instead of the normal 5. This odd and weird fact was discovered when I was about 16 after I really damaged my foot after a horrible injury when I torn all the tendons and ligaments off of the bones in my left foot after a bad fall. It wasn't healing well so my parents took me to an orthopedic specialist and he did some new for the times xrays and that's when they discovered the anomaly. They wanted to do surgery to remove the extra bones but I chickened out and never had it done. That's why to this day I have to be extra careful because I am very prone to turning my foot over. I never sprain my ankle, but when I do turn it over I sprain it in the arch/instep area where the extra bone is because it is weaker there.
2. I love to bake. Come to find out that my great-grandfather owned his own bakery way back in the day so I come by it naturally.
3. I learned to crochet as a young girl and continued to crochet for many, many years after that until I just got bored and burned out. I always wanted to learn to knit, but there wasn't anyone around to teach me how. One day, I picked up one of those cheap "how to" books at the store and some needles and yarn and taught myself the knit stitch but the purl stitch still evaded me. That is until I found Knitting Help.com. I watched her videos and the rest is history. That is THE best sight out there for beginners to learn by watching IMHO.
4. I have only one natural, biological son, but I have 5 children. Two from my first marriage and two from my current marriage. For someone who never could have any more than one child, I'd say that I've raised my fair share of kids and just about seen it all as far as things kids can come up with. I thought that I HAD seen it all until I started raising teenage boys again! Now I'm starting all over with a 14 year old and a 16 year old. Things have certainly changed in just 10 years!
5. My half-sister and I were separated for 30 years! By sheer luck and the internet and great persistence on my part, I was finally able to track her down a couple of years ago. We were reunited for the first time and my DH just couldn't believe the physical resemblance between the two of us. Of course, neither could we. Although our body types are completely different, in the face we could totally be twins. We even sound alike! We even both only have borne only one son. It's really kind of a trip how similar some of our life experiences have been.
6. When me and my husband met, we were both perfectly content being single. In fact, we had both told ourselves that we weren't going to be looking for another mate, and that this time, if we were to hook up with someone that it was going to be someone that God brought into our lives. Well, our first date lasted 14 hours! That was after dinner and a movie! We sat in the Wal-Mart parking lot talking about our lives and just about drove the security guard nuts. He was a PERFECT gentleman the entire evening. Never made a fast move on me (which totally impressed me!), just held my hand or touched my arm or knee while we were talking. As the sun rose we went to IHOP for breakfast. When we went our separate ways, he gave me a hug goodbye and asked if he could call me later as we both had to go to work that evening! The rest is history...........God I love that man!!!!! I thank God every single day for bringing him into my life.
7. I love to take photographs. One of my favorite thing to take pictures of is flowers. I try to remember to take my camera with me with me most of the time so I can snap pictures when I see something interesting. I have caught some really cool shots over the years. I especially love black and white photography. Now since digital cameras have come along, I like fiddling with the colors without having to change the film.
Here are the seven people I am blessing with this meme:
Deb - http://mimis-knitting-corner.blogspot.com/
Robyn - http://www.bitchypoo.com/
Fred - http://www.vituperation.com/
Silver - http://www.cometosilver.com/write/
Leah - http://yarnoratale.blogspot.com/
Veryl - http://fiberinparadise.blogspot.com/
Twig - http://www.mapleontheweb.com/