Sunday, March 18, 2007

Counting Down The Days

Segue to Merle Haggard singing "Silver Wings" at this point of the blog. Yep, you guessed it, I am soon to be taking a trip. I am heading off to my sister's house in Paradise, Calif. on April 15th Her baby, my niece, is getting married. Because my sister pretty much has NO time off before the wedding, much of the pre-ceremony work will be done be me. Once specific thin I know for sure I know I'm going to be in charge of are the desserts aside from the wedding cake.

The bride also asked me to make her garter belt. I figure I'll make her two, one to keep and one for her groom to toss. If I wind up knitting one for her, the throw away one definitely will not be knit. I'm trying to decide what else I could make for the bride or for the couple. We had such short notice about this wedding that there wasn't really any time for something large.

My daughter is fittin' because while I'm there, the town is going to be having their annual festival called "Gold Nugget Days". They have a parade, music, picnics, craft faires, horsemanship shows, but the best and the most favorite and popular activity is the Donkey Derby. From the description and photos I saw last year, this Donkey Derby is and event not to be missed and one not soon forgotten! I'd love to be able to take my daughter to something like that, it's right up both of our alleys since we both are such horse people. I'll just have to take tons of pictures.

1 comment:

Nic said...

I love those hometowny festivals. I hope you take lots of pics and post!