Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionaire

The Questionnaire
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I really like Cascade 220 and Noro yarns. I am in mad love with Lisa Souza sock yarns! Drool worthy! I like good cotton blends also. I hate stuff like Red Heart acrylic. Not ALL acrylics are bad mind you, some are actually kinda groovy. Froo-Froo frilly and fussy yarns don't really have a place in my stash either (think eyelash or stuff like Eros).

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Right now they live in a pottery vase. I've been meaning to make myself a needle roll but my machine is in the hospital just now.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for about 2 years now and I'm at about the intermediate level for the most part. I learned to crochet about 30 years ago but got bored with that so I just use it for finishing up on knitting stuff now days.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?Oh boy do I ever! If I could fulfill my wish list from Amazon they would have a really really GOOD sales day. I love books with a passion. Probably even more than I love great yarn if you can imagine that.

5. What's your favorite scent? That is a very tough question! Since I have my own body and bath company and make all my own soaps and lotions and body products, I'm surrounded by many many fragrance oils and essential oils on a regular basis. I'd have to say that I like "fresh" scents. Right now my favorite everyday scent is Pure Grace by Philosophy

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Oh yes I certainly do. I love milk chocolate Dove.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I do spin. I fiddle with making hand made cards. I sew sometimes when the mood strikes. I love home improvement projects.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like all kinds of music. From Country to Classic Rock. Love Josh Grobin, Norah Jones, Faith Hill, ZZ Top, Ray Boltz, The Gaither's, Celtic music, meditation or yoga type stuff is great for unwinding.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love the jewel colors....reds, dark greens, russets, browns, black, golds, purples, blues, deep pinks/rose, teals...the beautiful richly saturated colors really sing to me. I am not big into the pastel colors.....baby anything is just too pale for me. I guess the only color I really would NEVER ever buy for myself unless my spouse or sons insisted I make them a toboggan from it is that "Hunter Orange".

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married to my best friend. 2 teen age boys age 14 and 16 at home, 2 grown kids out of the nest, 2 beautiful granddaughters. Pets......I have a few.......4 dogs, 1 cat, 3 rabbits (for now on the rabbits).

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Ponchos - no....Scarves and shawls - YES.....hats - yes.......mittens.....yes and I have large hands if you are going down that road.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I really don't have a particular favorite, but here lately I'm hung up on socks cuz I LOVE them. I'd love to have socks knit FOR me.

13. What are you knitting right now? I'm finishing up a scarf for my sister.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Absolutely!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I use both straight and circular. I prefer bamboo and plastic. The new Chrystal Palace "Daisy" needles (from 10 down) are fantastic! I also really like the new knit picks needles. As long as the straight needles are 12" or less and the circs have a nice smooth join and they are nice and pointy, I am happy.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? yes, both

17. How old is your oldest UFO? I'm kinda fussy in that I rarely have more than one project going at once. I try to finish something before I start a new project. That means I have a very LONG waiting list.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Oh, I don't know......they all have their good parts.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Turtles, dust bunnies, books.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I really am dying to get Elizabeth Zimmermann's book called "The Opinionated Knitter". I get Interweave Knits and Spin-Off, but I regularly purchase Creative Knitting. That's one of my favorites.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Yes, I really want to learn how to do 2 color knitting......

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am but I'm not all that speedy yet. I wear a 9 shoe which makes my foot 10". It is average width etc.

23. When is your birthday? Match 11th

No comments: