Sunday, April 16, 2006

Out of the Dye Pot



I've been busy dying as you can see. The deep purple on the left and the red on the right is my own handspun yarn. The three skeins in the middles are Lion Brand wool. I intend on using these for a big felted bag for myself to carry my WIP back and forth to the ballpark etc. I gave away the last felted bag I made to my sister in law. She fell in love with it and wanted it, which was fine because it really wasn't as big as I needed it to be for a tote bag. I've got a few other colors in my stash already, so I think all I need is a nice bright blue and a good green and I'll be set. Whatcha think?

I'm trying to set myself up with some things to do during the recoup period. I have a few dishcloths I can make to get ahead of my monthly exchanges and I can always crank out a bookmark or two. I have yet to screw up the courage to make myself a sweater. I wish I had half the nerve my friend Twig does. She just looks at a pattern she likes and knits it. I think she is a magical knitter or something. Although here lately, bless her heart she has been stranded on sleeve island. Tsk.....I know the feeling. I didn't think I was ever going to get done with Tinley's blanket. I need to take a picture of that thing before it leaves. If I don't, I'll never see it again. I guess I better put that on the list for tomorrow.

Sigh......tomorrow is going to be a long day. I don't think I'll sleep much tomorrow night. What's the point anyway. We have to be at the hospital at 5:30am anyway so maybe I'll just wait to sleep on their time. Might as well, nothing better to do while I'm there.

No comments: