Saturday, January 28, 2006

Secret Pal 7 Surprise!!!


I received the greatest surprise today in my mailbox today. It was the perfect day for it too. It's been gloomy and rainy all day, so it certainly brought a ray of light into a dark, gray day. Just LOOK at all those goodies! Itty bitty size 1 needles in my favorite bamboo both straights and DPN's, plus some cotton and a snowflake ornament pattern book to go with it. And the new Vogue magazine and some stitch markers with cute snowmen on them. How in the world she knew I collect snowmen I'll never know! Some cotton thread so I'll have some for next months dishcloth swap (Yah!!) and some delishhhh dark chocolate nonpareils. I'm SO glad Tony doesn't like dark chocolate hehehe!!

I SO enjoy doing swaps! I guess thats one of the reasons why I've organized and ran the secret pal program for the Soap Dish Forum for the past 3 years. That has certainly been a challenge at times with all the various participants and the problems, but overall it has been worth it.

I try to be a really REALLY good pal and for the most part I've had good pals in return. My biggest problem is that I want to get my pal everything, so I get stuck trying to figure out just exactly what to get my pal. Just yesterday I mailed off my dish pal's gift and I have yet to send off my first Secret Pal 7's gift. I just want it to be PERFECT is the thing.

I get paralized by perfection and indecision. A major charactor flaw of mine.

Another thing I love doing is swapping my soaps and bath and body product for fleece and fiber and spindles or spinning stuff. Most spinners aren't soapmakers but they sure do love fine handcrafted soap, so a good barter/swap such that we can make works out great for both of us. I'm always up for something like that, so if you see something you want and have something you think I might like just hollar.

I've got 2 sections left to go on my homespun shawl plus the edging until I'll be done! I'm so excited. I can't wait to get it blocked and see it. Whoot!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got your package! I've been checking on your Wordpress blog and there was nothing. I don't know why I didn't think to check here.

You'll have a Valentine's Day package coming next!

Keep an eye out for it.

Love,
Essie P.