Thursday, June 28, 2007

Can it be any hotter??

Of course it can!! I know, that is a totally stupid, redundant question. I live in a sauna. I. AM. MISERABLE. This year is even worse than it ever has been before. My doctor so kindly informed me that I probably have 5 more years of this lovely hot/cold/hot/hotter/freezing, body temp. fluxuation to look forward to. Oh joy.

I totally now understand why so many people move to another climate when they get older. Crap! that means that I have to admit that I am on the cusp of being old.

You know, it wasn't bad when I went thru this surgical menopause the first time when I was 25. I don't even remember having but the smallest of temperature fluxuations back then. I got the OTHER stuff at 25, but my thermostat was ok. Not so the second go around with the surgical menopause. Lord, I feel like I am going absolutely bat-shit. I know I'm freezing my family out and causing my light bill to sky rocket but I can't help it.

I'm SO frustrated that I'm such a hostage to the weather here. I don't know if I'll survive this with my sanity intact. Just how much sleep deprivation CAN one take before their cheese slides completely off their cracker?

My husband sympathizes, but his sympathy only goes so far.

I haven't even knit anything lately. That's how crappy it is. I'm seriously getting the itch to knit but I don't know if I can even stand to handle something little like sock yarn. Maybe I should just use this time to catch up on some spinning.

HELP!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hate Summer because of the heat!

Just wanted to let you know your package didn't go out till Thursday! I sent my husband to mail it on Monday after work and he forgot and it sat in the car till I used it to drive to my knitting group on Thursday and saw it in there! Gah! lol

~ SP