Friday, January 05, 2007

Welcome 2007

Well, another year has arrived. Yes, I am the captain of the obvious. I am one who does not make New Year's Resolutions. I figure meh! what's the point? Why set myself up for certain failure? I'm just hoping for better. Better than what? Well that would take far, far too long. Those in the teeny tiny inner circle are already bored with the details. Not that the inner circle is teeny tiny, but that there are just very few people. Anymore.

I used to know people. I used to know ALOT of people. In fact, a lot of people used to know me. Mainly because I lived in the same small town for 20 years (small town, being about 6500 pop.) and because for 18 years of the 20, I worked in the public service arena. More people probably knew who I was than I knew who they were actually. I lost all of that. I'm not over that yet.

Number one son has moved away. I really am not sure how I feel about this. He is 3 hours away now. As a mom, that is a little bit scary. But, on the other hand, as a mom, that is somewhat exciting because I hope and pray that he finally takes this time to grow up. He wasted the last three years of his life so perhaps this means that his head if finally screwed on frontwards. He did live on his own for about 2 years previously, but he was here in town and close enough to get to if I needed to. It almost feels like he is really gone gone.

Pa and I too Malia to the play yard at Burger King the other day. That little toot, I tell you one thing, she is NOT afraid of anything. It wasn't anytime before she was climbing all the way up to the top of the tower thing with the big kids. And just grinning from ear to ear.

We need it to stop raining! It has been raining it seems like for about a month at least. Poor kid, the only thing Malia wanted for Christmas was a tractor. You know, one of those battery car things? Except this thing looks like a John Deere tractor complete with front end loader and trailer to haul stuff. I don't think she has had a chance to play with it outside yet. But she sure has tore up the house with it. Kitchen table? Not a problem......right into the laundry room. She wants to help her daddy scoop up the horse poop. More power to her!

Boy number 2 and 3 had an interesting and adventuresome holiday break. One they won't soon forget to say the least. We shall see how soon this life lesson lasts.

So, I'm wondering if any of you who are experienced with hot flashes and all the miserable events that go with it have any nuggets of wisdom to pass along about how to live through the torture? I'm dying. And my family if turning into human popsickles. My poor husband who is usually a human heater is even freezing. It's rediculous. I think it's time for a medication adjustment.

No comments: